|The right pickles can|
actually help if you
are healing from
Here are the 6 Top Symptoms Associated with Celiac Disease:
- Ongoing Migraine or Headaches
- Tired all the time with Body Weakness
- Skin conditions such as Rashes or Allergy Reactions
- One-way Ticket on the Emotional Roller Coaster (moody, depressed)
- Infections that seem to go away, but then come back
- Digestive Pain and Discomfort
Bloating, gas pains, and digestive issues like alternating between constipation and diarrhea might seem like minor items to bring up with your physician. The fact is that these "minor issues"are often major signals that not all is well with your intestinal microvilli, the tiny gut hairs that help in the process of trapping and absorbing nutrients from food. In fact, at the time of most diagnoses, the microvilli are totally worn out. So, the best time to start healing of your digestive system is when you are experiencing pesky symptoms like "common indigestion".
The jury is still out on the actual "causes" for developing this degenerative disease, but most research points to an attack on the digestive system's essential microbes and resulting inflammation and immunity compromise. A major theory about why the disease has increased so greatly over the recent past is that modern food processing has 'mutated' grains and flours and the products made from them making their acid-producing proteins a digestive nightmare for most people. Genetics and the fact that we are a super-sanitizing society also have an impact. The cleaner we are, and the more often we use antibiotics, the more mutations the "bugs" go through to form stronger, smarter bugs. And, of course, in general, we eat far too many inflammation-producing foods.
How To Heal
- Nurture your gut in ways that will make you feel good and will re-build the healthy bacteria that has been displaced by the "bugs." Look for a good "probiotic" to take (talk to your health care provider about this. I actually find that the certain staff in my local health food store know a good deal about probiotics). While the gut is being repopulated with 'healthy bacteria', it will begin to protect the gut lining as it rebuilds an immune response. Inflammation-- think of heat and 'flame'-- will be turned down as the gut is nurtured with the correct microflora. These lovely cultured recipes will help. Remember to cut out ALL the inflammation-producing foods while you're at it.
- Learn to relax. Find ways to manage the stress in your life. Good nutrition, exercise, drinking pure water, getting out and getting fresh air and sunlight, getting the rest you need, and a healthy spiritual discipline are ways that all help in healing and thriving beyond the healing process. If you are looking for a way to get relief from pain, the Pain Relief Summit with its experts in the area will be available starting in October, online, and free. Click here to learn more and register for six days in October that will give you opportunities to kick chronic, debilitating pain right out of your life.
Search this Site; Search the Web