|This is an Indian styled Haystack Salad courtesy Wikipedia|
There are lots of ways to put the haystacks together, but my personal favourite combination goes something like this:
- Place a handful or two of fresh organic corn chips(fresh as in out of an unopened bag) on your plate. Some like to crush them first... I like to use mine as scoops, so I keep them complete. (Alternately, as in photo, use rice)
- Pile on a chosen quanitity of grated cheese (dairy or soy)
- Cover cheese with piping hot (oven-baked) beans or lentils
- Add other layers consisting of lettuce, sliced black olives, snips of green onion, sweet pepper strips, sprouts, diced tomato, finely-chopped celery, chopped cucumber, corn niblets, etc.
- I've seen cooked rice or quinoa used in a layer just under or over the beans, perhaps instead of chips
- Top with a couple of scoops of sour cream, salsa (your hotness), and maybe a cherry tomato on top...
- It strikes me (although I've never seen it done) that fine-chopped fresh cabbage would be a more authentic choice than lettuce
Search this Site; Search the Web